Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mobile Web Calendar for iPhone and Android, now with event management

It's probably no news to all you parents out there, but as a new dad I only recently found out just how busy life gets with kids. So I was thrilled when I was able to view my Google Calendar on my phone. Being able to check the week's schedule is great. However, I've been missing a way to respond to invitations and change my attendance status on the go. And I haven't been the only one. The number one idea on Google Product Ideas was the ability to edit Google Calendar on mobile devices.

That just became possible with the new mobile web version of Google Calendar, available on iPhone and Android-powered devices. If you're like me, you'll quickly find just how useful it is to edit events from your phone. Just go to google.com/calendar/gp from your mobile browser to see your schedule. Select an event to change your attendance status, edit the details, and add or remove guests. One more bit of news - even if you're on a flaky network and your phone can't establish a connection, the new Calendar will still start up and show your last viewed events.

To make the web-based Calendar as easy to access as any other app on your Android-powered device or iPhone, I recommend adding it to your home screen shortcuts. The new Google Calendar for mobile supports iPhone OS 2.2.1 and up and all Android-powered phones. It's available in English only for now, but more languages will be supported soon. For Apps users please go to google.com/m/a/yourdomain and click on Calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment