Savvy online shoppers know they can get great deals on their holiday items without having to brave the Black Friday crowds.
Cyber Monday will be packed with discounted products from many tech companies and shopping sites, giving online customers an opportunity to save big while skipping the Black Friday chaos.
But before you let your keyboard do the shopping this season, peruse these tips for safe online shopping.
Here's the condensed version:
- Vet the site you're buying from before you make your purchase
- Record the details of the item and delivery terms to ensure you get what you paid for and that it arrives when you expect to receive it
- Uncheck any preselected offers
- Maintain a paper trail of your purchase
- Watch for unexpected charges in your subsequent credit card statements
Credit cards remain your safest online-purchase method One reader who commented on the 2009 post on shopping security recommended using temporary credit card numbers. Unfortunately, not all credit card issuers offer this service: according to the ... [Read more]
How to shop safely online
Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:01:00 GMT