Thursday, August 25, 2011

Whats on the Menu..

Its been a while since I have done a Whats on the Menu post so I thought I would share with you guys.. Its not in the normal style as my others.. I just got busy cooking.. didn't really do my mise in place ( French for everything in place ).. I just grabbed as I went!



Since it was only Scott and I 3 chicken breast were plenty.


I sprayed the skillet with non stick spray.. heated up the skillet to almost smoking and added the chicken breast.. Cooked for almost 15 minutes but after the first 10 I turned the heat down to Medium.




I went for an easy potato. You can find these in the produce area of your market. These are mesquite smoked bacon potatoes.. Yummmm.. and they cook up in about 5 minutes in the microwave.




For the side I went with another steamer bag of broccoli. Super easy..and really good.. Took 4 minutes to cook.




I minced up some scallions to top the chicken with.




Also going on top of the chicken is these cheese. I normally use provolone but I found these new Borden Cheeses yesterday. This is the 3 cheese Italiano.




On top of the cheese will be the tomatoes. You can use fresh but these canned tomatoes work great!


I also got some..  




rolled up and ready to go into the oven.




Once the chicken were almost done.. I added about 1/2 cup of water and a palm full of this Tuscany blend right into it so it cooks into the chicken for a little extra flavor.




Once the chicken was cooked.. I added the cheese, tomatoes, and green onions and put a lid over it for a couple minutes so the cheese would melt.


Getting it all plated up..


What a really pretty plate!




And dinner was served.. in the living room!


This meal was so simple. You can switch out the sides of your preference... but you should try the chicken... REALLY YUMMY!!!!


Stay tuned for a great chocolate chip recipe!


K Jaggers

No comments:

Post a Comment