Tuesday, November 22, 2011

MOVIE REIVEW - Melancholia - 11



I rented this LATE last night and was up till after 430 am watching this. I thought it was slow to start.. I really didn't understand it at first. I am just going to have to spoil it for some of you guys, but I think in doing so, you will understand it a bit better when you watch it.



First off, I love Kirsten Dunst. I love all her movies. This one was no exception. In the beginning of the movie she is getting married and before the end of the night she has ruins her professional job, her family and even her new marriage. She even ends up have public sex with a guest, hence...the end of her marriage on night 1. YIKES!!



Then it goes into how depression really hits some people. Kirsten played the part very well. It was actually really sad watching it. I have struggled with depression but nothing to that extent. Her sister took such good care of her and was the strong one out of the bunch.



All while another planet is making its way to earth. Some believe it would pass it by some believe it would end the world as we know it.



While the end of the world was coming near, the stronger sister got weak and the weak still seemed to calm herself and become stronger in the chaos.



The ending was crazy and amazing at the same time.



I wouldn't miss this movie for a lot of reasons but mainly because of the performance of Kirsten. I don't know what I would be doing at the end except holding the ones I love and praying.



If you have seen this, please send me your thoughts. This move got RAVE reviews and I really really want to know what you guys think of it.



Here's the trailer





Remember, make sure the kids are in bed when watching this!



THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



K Jaggers

No comments:

Post a Comment