Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HUSBY'S White Chili Recipe

Scott decided that yesterday he was going to make a crock pot full of white chili to take into work. I don't like white chili but since husby was in the kitchen I decided to photograph him and share his recipe!


Enjoy!


Ohh.. this isn't the normal way I post recipes but husby does not plan out cooking.. So its kinda fly by the seat of his pants!


Hopefully you can figure this out!!




He took a small package of Great Northern Beans and






soaked them for a couple of hours


Then he drained and rinsed and




drained them..


Into the




crock pot they went!


He added a few cups of






water and




put the lid on and let them start cooking on high.


Next up he




diced up some chicken tenderloins ( 1/2 package )




into very small cubes.


Then put them on the stove




to brown up.


While that was happening




he took some green chili's




and started cutting them up




into a tiny dice.


He also took a 1/2 of a large onion




and diced it up too.






he added the chicken, onion, and chili's to the crock pot




added some more water and stirred.


Then he took a palm full  ( about 3 tablespoons ) of






chili powder and




added it.. Along with about the same amount of garlic powder.


He cooked for hours on end. I think about 5 hours.






. and here how he serves it up.




He put a dollop of sour cream int he middle, more jalapenos and olives around it and chips along the rim of the bowl.




I was rather impressed how it looked.


You know, we all eat with our eyes first and I think it looks great!


Good job baby!


The reason I don't eat this is.. I don't eat beans and I don't eat really spicy food. I just can't do it but both Michael and Courtney tasted it and said it was really good!


Hope the guys like it for lunch tomorrow!!


xoxo


K Jaggers

No comments:

Post a Comment