Expanding possibilities for people with vision loss
The November issue of AccessWorld is now available on our website.
This issue features:
· Editor's Page —AccessWorld Holiday Issue
· Holiday Gift Ideas for People with Vision Loss, by Bradley Hodges —Great gift ideas, in a range of prices, for people who are blind or visually impaired.
· Choosing Toys for Children with Vision Loss, by Tara Annis —What to buy and what to avoid when shopping for a blind or visually impaired child. Great tips and gift resources to help brighten a child's face during the holidays.
· Online Holiday Shopping Using a Screen Reader: A Guide to Popular Retail Websites, by Janet Ingber —Thanks to online shopping, you don't have to deal with the craziness of going to a store and trying to find the item you want—you can shop at your leisure any hour of the day or night on the Internet. If you use a screen reader, this article will help you navigate some popular retail websites.
· Recruiting Workers with Disabilities: A Profile of Joyce Bender, Owner of Bender Consulting Services, by Deborah Kendrick —A conversation with Joyce Bender, founder of Bender Consulting Services, Inc., a for-profit company committed solely to matching employers with job seekers with disabilities.
· Left to Your Own Devices: Results of a Study on the Usability of Everyday Household and Electronics Products for People with Vision Loss, by Jaclyn Packer and Morgan Blubaugh —The data collected from this research provides AFB with valuable information on the types of products most in need of an accessible interface, and the preferred methods for accessibility by blind and visually impaired users.
· Letters to the Editor —Worldwide Distributor of the Touch Memo Responds to AccessWorld Evaluation from the September 2011 issue.
· AccessWorld News
AccessWorld® is the American Foundation for the Blind's technology magazine.
Be sure to sign up on the AccessWorld home page to receive AccessWorld Alerts, an e-mail announcement letting you know when new issues of AccessWorld are posted.