In time for the holidays, Starbucks has released its new Starbucks Cup Magic app for the iPhone/iPod touch. The free app lets users find holiday characters that come to life via the app.
Making use of augmented reality, the Starbucks Cup Magic app’s central purpose is to make you smile and naturally, encourage you to buy a Latte or two. To do so, it encourages Starbucks customers to find each of five Starbucks Holiday Characters on Red Cups, Christmas Blend bags, in-store and more.
Starbucks Cup Magic
In addition, the Starbucks Cup Magic app offers up-to-date information on special holiday offers and events from Starbucks. Finally, at the beginning of January, the app is to be updated for Valentine’s Day fun.
Full features include:
Experience: Find Starbucks holiday characters, scan them using the Starbucks Cup Magic app and watch them come life and create some holiday magic.
Character Gallery: Track each character as you find and bring them to life. Characters include: Carolers, Skater, Sledder and Dog, Fox and Squirrel.
eGift: Send an instant Starbucks Card eGift using the Starbucks Cup Magic app. Because it’s never too late to give everyone on your list a delicious treat from Starbucks.
Holiday Offers: We’ll keep you up-to-date with notifications featuring the latest holiday offers and events from Starbucks.
Note: eGifting feature is not available outside of the U.S.
The Starbucks Cup Magic app is available now in the App Store.
- Starbucks’ “Pick Of The Week” Launches In The United Kingdom
- Starbucks In Conversation With Rovio About Featuring Their Number One Game
- Starbucks Now Giving Away Free iBooks With Coffee, TV Shows To Follow?
- AppAdvice Daily: Get A Free App At Starbucks, Evernote Gets A New Look, Plus More!
- AppAdvice Daily: Google Goes Gaga For Motorola, Starbucks Will Be Giving Away Apps, And More!
Starbucks Launches New Holiday App For iPhone
Bryan M. Wolfe
Wed, 16 Nov 2011 00:22:02 GMT