Sunday, November 13, 2011

Salma Hayek - NUANCE - CHEEK TRIO REVIEW!!!

As most of you guys know this week I have been reviewing the Nuance Products ( links to those post at the bottom of this post ) and tonight I am going to talk about the




Nuance Cheek Trio in # 290 - Pink
$12.99 only sold at CVS


Ingredients


MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, KAOLIN, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, 2-ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, NYLON-6, METHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, 2-PHENOXYETHANOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SILICA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TIN OXIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE MAY CONTAIN (+/-): MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE RED (CI 77491), IRON OXIDE YELLOW (CI 77492), IRON OXIDE BLACK (CI 77499), FD&C RED NO. 40 (CI 16035:1), FD&C YELLOW NO.5 LAKE (CI 19140:1), CARMINE (CI 75470), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)




These are available in 4 different shades.


Pink, Spice, Apricot, Mauve




As you can see there is a bronzer, blush and highlight. It comes in this weird tear drop design that is actually kinda bulky.


Here is the directions for this trio..


Using a brush, apply the marbled shade to the tops of the cheekbones to highlight. Add the blush shade to the apples of the cheeks for a natural flush of color. Apply the deepest shade in the hollows of the cheek to contour. Blend all three shades for endless customized looks.


Ok.. I don't know about you guys but I don't like mixing all three of these products at once, and that's basically how it comes out when you use a normal size blush brush. I do think it felt good but I just didn't like the look. The 2nd time I tried it, I used smaller brushes, and it worked better. I have some small Bare Mineral brushes and it still was not the easiest to do.


Here are the swatches.




Left to Right


Bush, Bronzer, and highlighter.




I want to point out the specks of purple in the highlighter. I think its pretty! Normally you don't see purple in a highlighter. I don't really mind the highlighter shade, but the bronzer doesn't really look good on me and I think the blush color is just ok.


I think these products would have been so much better if they were not in a cheek trio. I am just not too happy with this so for $12.99 I would leave this on the shelf. Its just not that flattering when the colors are all mixed together.


Have any of you guys tried this?? Email me and let me know how it worked for you. I am really curious what you think of this product!!




Here are the other reviews I have done so far on this line. I have still have a lot more reviews from this line coming up so stay tuned!




 










K Jaggers

No comments:

Post a Comment