Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apple Time!!




Its harvest time for most of us right now and that means..











APPLE TIME!!



Right now apples are in big supply.. they are every where and this is the best time of the year to make apple dishes!! So while I digging around in my cookbooks over the weekend.. I found this hand written recipe from cooking school that I remember being amazing..





So have at it!!







Apple Cream Pie:





1 cup half and half


1 1/2 cup sugar


1/3 cup flour


1 tsp. Vanilla


dash salt


4 cups (usually more) thinly sliced tart apples(granny smith are good)


Combine first 5 ingredients and pour over apples in an unbaked 9 in. pie shell ( I use deep dish)





Sprinkle on top the following:





Topping


1/2 cup flour


1/3 cup sugar


1/2 stick butter( 1/4 cup)


Make topping into crumbs mixture and sprinkle on top of apples covering most of them…..sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg.





Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until middle bubbles.



Serve warm and with vanilla ice cream is the best!





If you make this.. send me a picture and I will post it!! Its a pretty easy recipe to make and I would love to hear what you think of it!





K Jaggers





No comments:

Post a Comment