Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lets talk.. FOUNDATIONS & CONCEALERS..

This post is wayyyyy over due.. Sorry it has taken me so long! One of the reasons this post was delayed was because I started out talking about all the foundations in the picture ↓ below..






But as I was working on it.. I decided that we don't need to discuss them ALL.. I am instead going to talk about my favorites.. Now all these except one is drug store foundations. I do like a lot of high end foundations but when you can find something equally as good for much less... WHY NOT!?


Ok.. here are most of my foundations. I have tried and tested every one of them.. and sometimes I start off not liking it.. but try it again at a later point.. and like it.. So go figure!


The first one I am going to talk about is the..


 




Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. This is a oldie but goodie.


This foundation is blendable, buildable coverage, natural looking, doesn't feel like you're wearing make up, the amount of product will likely last a few months, very affordable, wide variety of shades available. If you have dry skin.. it will bring out the dry patches.. But its great when used over a moisturizer.


One of the things I don't like is getting the product out of the container. If you do not keep it sealed it will dry out fast.. I tend to use a Sigma F60 foundation brush and it does work well. Its firm enough to get the product out but soft enough to blend well. This foundation does transfer easily so I normally set it will just a little loose powder. This foundation does do really well to even out skin tone and cover scares and blemishes really well. A lot of people either love this foundation or hate it.. There is very little in between. I think if you have really dry skin.. this is not for you. I have normal to dry and it works just fine for me! I stock up on these when they go on sale.. ALWAYS!!! I love the way it feels on my skin and the staying power is great. This foundation is about $ 8.00.. so very reasonable for anyone to afford!


Now lets move on to the..




Concealer that goes along with this foundation.




Now this has been discontinued..but not to worry.. the buzz is that its coming back... This is a WONDERFUL concealer. I have 4 stock piled.. and I don't know what I will do if they don't bring it back! This concealer is a very buildable concealer.. I normally only need to apply one layer of it under my eyes..( I don't have normally have dark circles ) but it works great on blemishes too. I do have friends that build it up a lot to cover dark circles and they have told me that any more than 2 or 3 layers makes it look cakey.. I think this is one of the best concealers out there.. If you see some at any of your local drug stores, I recommend buying them all!!! They cost around $ 7.00 each.. and worth every penny.. if you can find them!




This foundation.. The Maybelline Fit Me Foundation has totally blown me away.. I never expected to like it.. but I do.. Lots!! This foundation is a sheer light foundation that blends really easily. It gives you a really nice dewy look. I think this foundation is great for people with dry to normal skin.. If you have oily skin you will for sure want to set it with a powder. I would say this foundation is a medium coverage but very buildable. I saw lots of review of it not lasting long.. again.. I think that happens more to people with oily skin. I have not really had that problem.. I have wore it for hours on end and at the end of the night.. its still on giving me great coverage! Another good thing is that there are tons and tons of shades to pick from.. In the summer when I am tanned I tend to use 125 but now in the fall I am about a 115. And sometimes I mix them for the right coverage.. Another thing I have done .. a lot is.. I have used the Maybelline Dream Matte foundation and over the top I have added this foundation.. That gives unbelievable coverage and the fit me works well to give you more coverage and a dewy look.. If you try this.. be sure to not go too heavy with the Dream Mousse. Or it will be really thick coverage!  I think this Fit Me Foundation is about $ 8.00 . A price I am so willing to pay for this foundation! I tend to use the Sigma F80 ~ Flat Kabuki to really work this foundation into the skin.


The concealer is pretty good too. I have used it a lot and again.. its not a heavy kind of concealer but for me it gives great coverage. If you need more coverage.. you might want to find a heavier one. I also bought the powder and blushes that go along with this line.. I want to say that the powder is great.. Its a light powder and doesn't take away that dewy look.. However, you will need to touch up after a few hours. Love Love Love this line!!


 




Ok.. this is another oldie but goodie!! I have raved about this foundation since trying it a looong time ago. I think this foundation cost around $ 10.00 .. which is a steal.. Ok.. let me start by saying this foundation gives me a really nice medium coverage and if I build it.. a full to heavy coverage. I don't really use the sponge applicator to blend this make up in. I find it doesn't work that great for me.. I like to use the Sigma F80 to really buff it into the skin. This foundation is super soft and blends really easily. This foundation has Concentrated Goji Berry and Collagen to help give your skin a lift and tighten your skin.. I think this foundation is GREAT... I use it a lot and its one of my top picks. I think it works great on lady's of any age.. and I am pretty sure my mom has tried this too and liked it. Ohh.. and how you use this is by twisting the tube and the foundation comes up through the sponge.




Ok.. this product is fairly new.. I got it a few weeks ago when I saw it on sale. I think this is normally close to $ 9.00 but I found it on sale for $ 7.00. Again.. this is the very same concept as the foundation. What I have found is that the applicator is so soft under my eyes. It really feels good.. I think the formula is a medium coverage. I really like this concealer. I tend to blend it in with my fingers more than anything else and for me the coverage is great. I have also used on a few blemishes too.. and it worked great. So I would really recommend trying it for yourself and seeing how well it works for you..






Ok.. this foundation has been all the rave here lately. I am going to shock some of you guys and say I am not crazy about this one. Its kinda pricey for a drugstore foundation.. $ 13.00. After reading all the reviews on this foundation.. I knew I had to try it. It is suppose to be the dupe for Nars Sheer Glow.. but I have found that I don't think its near as good.It is also suppose to give your skin a boost of antioxidants too. I used the Sigma F80 to apply this.. One thing I hate is the bottle.. But its basically the same for the Fit Me line too.. Bottles without pumps are much more messy..Anyway.. This is a light foundation.. It is buildable and I didn't really feel like I was wearing foundation. But I didn't think it was a full enough foundation for me.. I sure thought I was going to like it more.. But right now.. Thumbs down on this one. But.. You never know... I might find another way to make it work for me.. and if I do.. I will for sure update this post! I really was disappointed.. I so wanted it to work better for me!


Now I know I didn't include if any of these had SPF in them.. In fact they all do.. I am not a huge lover of SPF's in foundations.. I think they can tend to look a little too white and pasty from the sunscreen. I use a moisturizer with sunscreen and I find that more than enough for me. I am not a huge tanner.. I don't spend a lot of time in the sun normally.. I think many of us over do it with the SPF's a lot of times.. and with make up that's not always a good thing!


There are a few other drug store foundations that I like.. but these are my top picks! Well with the exception of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation. I am hoping after trying it more.. I will begin to like it. I really wanted to like it more.. but its just not one of my favorites.


I do plan on doing a few more post of some of my other likes and dislikes with foundations and concealers. But for now.. hopefully this gives you guys a little help with drug store foundations. I will also do some post of higher end foundations that I also like a lot and a few that I don't like too!


What foundations do you use the most from the drug store? Let me know which ones are your favorites and which ones you don't like.. Just shoot me an email to kishajaggers@aol.com with your thoughts!


xoxo


K Jaggers

No comments:

Post a Comment