Wednesday, October 26, 2011

LONG Late Night Post

74240_443126818914_161162533914_5390268_2709156_n_large


As I start this blog post.. I am watching my kittens destroy kitty city.. Yep.. They are having at it.. The jingly balls are just a ringing! Love they are so happy with it. I still have the other kitty city in the garage but thinking tomorrow I better get it brought into the house! One just came up to me, sat right in the middle of my lap.






.I love their paws..




Here is Gizmo starting to get sleepy!




You know thinking about my cats brings me to something many of you have heard about..


Do you guys remember about the man who had all the exotic animals in Zanesville Ohio who let them loose and then took his own life last week? I purposely didn't do a post about it because I was so freaking upset with what had happened. 


Exotic Animal Owner Terry Thompson: What Happened?


This is Terry Thompson. Picture from People. He had an exotic animal farm about 20 miles from where I use to live in Ohio. In fact, my mom came and worked in Zanesville when we lived there. Anyway, he set 56 wild animals loose before taking his own life.


The police came in and killed 49 of these animals. The picture below is graphic.. If you choose to not want to see it.. I would exit this post now.. I am leaving some room so maybe you wont see it if you don't want to. just exit the blog right here..


















































Here they are. Lions, Bears, Tigers, Monkeys, and the list goes on and on. DEAD.. I about died when I heard what they did to these animals and I was beside myself about it. I even dreamed about them one night. It weighed heavily on my heart. All these animals were loved and well taken care of. I know some of you might have heard he had animal cruelty charges against him but it was not for animal abuse. It was in reference to a dead cow on his property. Anyway.. back to what I was saying.. he occasionally used them for photo shoots or commercials but these animals were not his pay day. They were his loves. Authorities said that they could not  tranquilize them because night time was falling and the animals would not just fall over asleep. That it would take a while and they would run until they did indeed pass out. There are only 1400 wild bangle tigers left in the world.. now 8 of those have been shot dead. I understand that peoples lives are much more valuable than animals but killing all of these animals just made me sick. But six of the animals were tranquilized and taken to an area zoo. So why not the others?  I don't know about you.. but when I see these animals laying dead in the picture above I just want to cry. If my husband had fired a bullet at any of them.. he would probably be sleeping in a hotel for looong while. I am really sad for them. I think he just wanted to set them free and give him happiness as he left this earth. I bet he never thought they would all be shoot dead. I am comforted a little that at least they are with him now on the other side. This brings me to thinking about should be people really be allowed to own such exotic animals? Ohio has some of the most loose laws in the country regarding this. Cats and Bears are a passion of mine. Have been since I was born, I think. I am so sorry for them having to die. It truly breaks my heart. So while you go on with your Wednesday.. take time to think about what these poor animals were put through the last moments of their lives and say a prayer for them as well as their owner. I had to wait to write about this because if I would have wrote any kind of post on day 1 it would have had so many curse words in it. I was furious. I couldn't believe that was the route they took.. I really couldn't believe it. So sad. My heart goes out to them.. I am outraged that they couldn't have come up with something better than this. Its like a whole bunch of rednecks got together and went hunting..it makes me sick. I need to think about something else before I start crying..


Well.. tonight was pretty easy..




Here's what I made for dinner..






While I was shopping today, I saw this chicken helper and decided to try it..




All you do is dice up the chicken.. Remember to not do this on your wood cutting board.. You need to do it on a plastic one so all those nasty chicken germs can really be washed off.




Brown up the chicken..




Add what the box tell you.. and let it cook for a 20 minutes or so.


In the mean time.. I made this..




Salad..


And that brings me to one of my favorite salad dressings..




This Newmans Own Poppy Seed dressing is a great poppy seed dressing.. Its one of my favorites..




I got dinner served up but really the best part of dinner was..




this salad. It was so good. I crave salads  a lot.. this one was good!


The chicken helper was ok. I tend to hate all hamburger helpers so I wanted to try this one. Nothing special.. but it worked!


Scott and I watched tv for a while.. We watched Chaz Bono get voted off the stars. I know not many were crazy about how he became a he.. but you know.. it takes a lot of courage to live a life that is true of yourself. He never felt like a female. So he changed it.. I think there is something honorable about that. And I also think he looks better as a he than he ever did as a she! =)


Scott went to bed shortly after.. and I got busy cleaning the house. I got the kitchen cleaned and floor mopped and then I started on the living room.. I got it picked up and got it vacuumed too. I didn't feel much like cleaning today. So I got it done tonight. On my way home from the grocery store.. I got really sick while I was driving. pulled over in a church parking lot and waited about 10-15 minutes until the feeling passed. It was super strange. Came on in just a few seconds.. only lasted about 25 minutes total but it was horrible. So thankful I was able to pull over. I might have wrecked if I hadn't. So yea.. that wasn't too good. But I did get feeling better thankfully.


Tomorrow after Scott gets off work we are heading over to our friends house to move him into his girlfriends house! Yea!! I am really really happy he is moving in with her. She is having his baby and she is so crazy about him so I know that they will be happy together. I am not always crazy about moving people but he helped us move 3 times I think. So got to repay that favor back! So around 6pm.. you can find me moving him!


Well its late.. I need to try to get to sleep soon.


Look at who is on my pillow again..




Swagger always seems to end up there. Funny thing is, I just kinda find a place to lay my head without disturbing him!


Ohhh.. I just gave myself bangs a few minutes ago too! Ha! I had to put down the scissors because I loooove cutting hair and if I let myself.. I will cut all my hair off. The reason for the bangs is, my hair is always in my eyes.. so I fixed that!


Anyway, this post turned out wayyy longer than expected..


Sweet Dreams.
Have a great Tuesday.


K Jaggers


BTW.. I soooo want to make a pumpkin look like the one above. LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment