Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Oatmeal Recipe..





I love love love Mickey D's Oatmeal...its one of the best oatmeals I have ever had. I always think of oatmeal as a comfort food kind of breakfast.. Warmning, filling, and just down right good.. Well in my quest to make my own oatmeal kinda like Mickey D's I found this recipe that I tried recently.. and loved..












 Apple Cider Brown Sugar Oatmeal

: Use apple cider instead of water for an amazing autumn breakfast

2 cups rolled oats or thick rolled oats (NOT quick oats)


3 cups apple cider


1 cup water


1/4 – 1/2 cup raisins (optional)


1/4 cup of brown sugar


1 – 2 apples, diced preferably tart like Granny Smith


1 tsp vanilla


cinnamon to taste


Handful of dried Cherry's and or cranberry's ( optional )



Instructions





In a heavy pot combine: rolled oats, apple cider, water, raisins, brown sugar, and diced apples.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat – medium high heat, then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened. 10 – 15 minutes


Add vanilla and cinnamon and dry fruit.. And Serve!!


This is a very good recipe for a fall breakfast!


Try it out and come back and let me know what you think of it!


K Jaggers


No comments:

Post a Comment