Monday, October 17, 2011

Perfect Fall Weekend!!





I SIMPLY ADORE FALL!!!! I stay outside all the time cause there are so many fun things going on and reasons to celebrate. This weekend was perfect. It was just Scott and I.. no friends.. no kids.. no anyone.. just us.. I loved it. I miss him so much during the work week that its nice when it can be just us. Over the summer we were so busy with our kids and families that I think we both craved time alone.. So we are making that time count!!



We didn't do much today..



Tumblr_lsrceg95gy1qffkwto1_1280_large



Went for a long hike..still no Giovanni



Ran to town a couple times..



Sam_2447_large



Checked out some local thrift shops.. didn't really find anything worth buying..We came in after having a late breakfast and pretty much collapsed ....

I even sat through a little..
.



football with my husby! You guys know how I feel about watching football.. so it was just for him.. thankfully.. I didn't have to watch long!



I didn't cook any this weekend. I seriously need to do a little grocery shopping so I picked up meals all weekend. Cheap meals for the most part.. but I loved taking the break!!



I did however, dug around for some of my all time favorite recipes!!




I think I am going to bake this week!! I am posting a to die for apple pie recipe that I used a lot in cooking school.. I figure I will make that.. I mean what is more fall than apples!! Its prime apple season and I figure it will make a great dessert for one night this week..



I am planning on having friends over on Tuesday for dinner so I am thinking maybe I will make it for then.. But who knows!! I don't have a lot of time this week and I have a ton of things to get done.



Also yesterday, we lost a friend ~ well a new friend ~ who died.. unexpected.. So our hearts are going out to his family and friends. None of us know when the last day is.. thats why its so important to make each day count and always let the people in your life know what they mean to you and how much you love them. It can be over in an instant. Anyway.. hope he is in a better place now. I always feel like when someone dies that they know the secret of what happens.. I know I am going to sound more crazy than normal.. but I wish I die like on the movie Flat Liners and come back to tell about it. If I didn't have kids I would be so willing to try it.. I never like surprises and its a surprise to everyone what happens with the cross over to the other side.. I figure everything we all imagine is possible when it comes to this sort of thing! Who knows!!



Ok.. on to some blog notes.. You will see the new feedjit widget on the → side. It shows your location and what you viewed.. Well I synced it with the new google analytics.. and I am having fun seeing how this compares to sitemeter.. which is another site that gives me the count on how many people view the blog.. from where.. and what post are being viewed the most.. I did disable my own IP address because I didn't want it tracking my own visits. When I am working on the blog.. I sometimes view it a lot and didn't want my visits consuming the widget.. I hope that this doesn't scare you away.. You are more than welcome to send me an email to kishajaggers@aol.com and let me know your thoughts on it. I don't really think its big deal at all.. but email me if you have an opinion on it!



I am also putting together another ~ weekend in review post ~ that hopefully I will get up tomorrow. I am uploading pictures and a little video as I type right now.. So as soon as I get it done.. it will be up! For some reason it seems to be taking forever to upload tonight.. thats why I am putting it off till tomorrow.



Also tomorrow.. I have.. I have.. I have.. to go to the grocery store. I can only put it off so long. We are officially out of coffee and that will get me fired around here! We are actually out of a lot of things.. So the dreaded grocery store trip is waiting on me. I don't like to hurry on any Monday.. I always sleep late because Scott works till 8.. and I just take it easy for the beginning part of the day.. but I can't sit around too long.. Lots to do. Not only out and about but around here too. Laundry is also waiting on me.. because I didn't touch the laundry today.. Again.. It was a super easy day!



I also want to get that foundation post done too. Shutting the laptop.. and spending time with Scott all day only put me more behind with post and emails. If you are waiting on one. .. so sorry.. I will get to them. one by one. I have a lot of emails to sort out. I am thinking I need one account just for the blog and one personal account.. right now they are both mixed.. with me closing comments off all together means many more emails to sort through. So again.. sorry if you are waiting on a reply!! Promise I have not forgot you!!



So, did any of you guys go out to check out the stars tonight? It was a little bit more cloudy around here tonight but the brightest stars seemed to shine through! I sure hope last night post inspired some of you to go outside and look up! Its beautiful so take time to look!!



Well goodnight friends..



Ha! I can hear husby snoring right now.. and I am on the first floor.. He is up on the second! Gosh!!! I wish he would get that taken care of.. I took him to the Dr. once for it.. he was given one of those gas mask machines to sleep with.. Well.. when he put that thing on the first time. I busted out laughing. I mean... really?? How can they expect anyone to sleep in one of those things!?   But me laughing.. just made him decide to never wear it again.. Opps!! So then we go back to the Dr. and he explains that he is not going to wear it.. and just wants the surgery.. Well they want him to go to the hospital for a sleep study and he just won't do it. I even volunteered to go sit there with him but he is refusing to do it.. So in the mean time he snores and it drives me crazy!!



Anyway.. I am going to get things ready for morning and get to bed.. Going to fall asleep to Mona Lisa Smile. It played today and I recorded it.. So figure thats what I am going to watch till I doze off!



Have a great Monday!



K Jaggers

No comments:

Post a Comment